Friday Foodie: Raw Corn and Radish Salad with spicy lime dressing
I adapted this delicious recipe from Food and Wine, by Nick Fauchald. The original recipe called for too much oil in my opinion, so I adjusted it back and added some Ancho Fruit Vinegar which I found at Oleaceae here in Santa Fe. But don’t worry, they are online too and believe me, even if you find this pricey, it is so worth it! Next week I will share another recipe using this same vinegar. Hope you will give this recipe a try!
- 2 Tbs fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded with veins removed, and finely chopped
- 1½ tsps raw honey
- ¼ tsp cumin
- 2 tsps canola oil
- 2 Tbs ancho fruit vinegar or rice vinegar or white balsamic
- salt and pepper
- 4 ears of corn, kernels removed
- 8-10 small radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ c chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ c chopped red onion
- Place dressing ingredients in blender and blend.
- Place all other ingredients in salad bowl.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss again.