Today’s recipe, Cashew Cream Veggie Wrap, incorporates a wonderful nutty cream with lots of veggies on a whole grain tortilla wrap. The Cashew Cream is a recipe from Kris Carr’s Crazy Sexy Kitchen. My friend Jenn Hunter, from Ramp Up Marketing, presented me with this wonderful book for my birthday this past year and I love it. I’ll review it for you soon.
So here we go. First, you will need to make the Cashew Cream. You’ll find the recipe at the bottom of the page. It’s a quick recipe to make, though you will need to soak the cashews ahead of time. This softens them up for use.
Heat a whole grain tortilla wrap, such as the Ezekiel Sprouted Whole Grain Tortilla. The easiest way to do this if you have a gas stove top is to turn the burner on and flip the tortilla back and forth over the flame till warm, just be careful. The safest way is to heat up a skillet and heat it there. I don’t like the microwave because they get tough too easy. If making more than one wrap, heat several up, right on the rack, in your oven.
Next, spread a tablespoon of cream down the center of the wrap, leaving an inch or so at the bottom empty.
Then layer a tablespoon of chopped kalamata olives, or an olive tapenade, chopped roasted red bell peppers, chopped artichoke hearts, pea sprouts or micro greens…
add a big handful of arugula
and then begin to wrap it up. First, fold the bottom up.
Then fold side over and tuck in around the veggie mixture.
Fold over other side,
And it’s a WRAP!
Eat and Enjoy!
Here’s the Cashew Cream Recipe. I cut this in half when I make it, as the full recipe is more than I can use up before it goes bad.
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for a few hours or overnight in water, to soften
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 Tbs. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbs. onion powder
- 1½ Tbs. finely diced chives
- ¼ c. finely minced parsley
- 1½ Tbs. finely minced shallot or red onion
- ½ tsp sea salt
- pepper to taste
- Blend the soaked cashews with water and lemon juice in high speed blender, until smooth.
- Pause often to scrape sides of blender and fold ingredients to ensure a creamy texture.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and add nutritional yeast, onion powder, chives, parsley, shallots, salt, and pepper.
- Mix thoroughly.