Friday Foodie: Breakfast or Snack Bar
You are going to LOVE these. Super simple and quick to make, they are a great breakfast bar or an afternoon snack.
If you enjoyed this video, please share it with your friends by clicking the buttons below.
- ½ c peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ c almonds
- 4-7 pitted dates
- ¼ c dried cherries,
- 2 Tbs. natural cocoa
- ¼ c unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ c raw pepita (pumpkin) seeds
- 1 c rolled oats (not minute or instant)
- optional: ¼ c raisins or chopped nuts
- optional for snack bars: ¼ c dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper
- In a small sauce pan over medium heat, stirring constantly, heat nut butter and banana until nut butter is softened and completely combined. Remove from heat.
- In a blender or food processor, coarsely chop almonds, dates, and cherries.
- Add coconut flakes and process a few seconds to break up flakes.
- Transfer to a bowl.
- Add oats and pepitas and any optionals.
- Pour banana mixture over dry ingredients.
- Stir till combined.
- Press into loaf pan.
- Bake for 30 mins.
- Allow to cool before cutting.
- breakfast bars or cut into bite size pieces for a healthy snack.